Now that you have a brand new, stylish electric scooter (that you hopefully bought from TekTrendy ;)), the question you’re probably asking yourself is how can I ride my electric scooter like a pro?
We know most people will assume riding a scooter is easy but how about riding an electric scooter that is much more powerful? Our goal at TekTrendy is to make sure you have an amazing time riding our scooters, have fun and look stylish and of course, staying safe during your ride.
The safety of our customers is extremely important to us… so that’s why we worked hard to compile a few tips and tricks to make your riding experience much more fun while keeping you safe!
Please note that we can’t anticipate every scenario, so use common sense and follow local laws while riding your electric scooter. Always remember – safety comes first! Tips before getting started:
There are a couple of things that every rider should do and be aware of before they start riding their scooter. Keep these in mind before riding your electric scooter to ensure you have the best experience possible!
- Get to know where you can ride your electric scooter. You may not be allowed to ride it on sidewalks and streets so please only ride the electric scooter where permitted. We recommend you check your local laws first before riding as, during your ride, you must comply with local laws and give way to pedestrians.
- Wear appropriate clothing and safety gear, including helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and other protective gear. This will help you handle emergencies better.
- Do not carry items when riding. Do not start or stop suddenly. Do not ride in the rain or snow. Do not operate near flammable vapour, liquids, dust or fibers, and other fire hazards.
- TekTrendy does not encourage the use of its products by minors and discourages the use of our products without adult supervision.
- Electric scooters can only support one person. Do not let two or more people ride it.
- While learning to use an electric scooter, make sure you have a friend to help you balance until you are proficient with balancing on your own. Another option is booking a test drive with us for a free tutorial
- And finally, before you start, familiarize yourself with the operating instructions so that you can operate your scooter safely and keep it in the best condition.
Tips and Tricks during your Ride:
While riding your electric scooter, exercise common sense and make sure to follow these safety precautions. This will help you have a great ride and stay safe at the same time!
- Please be alert to your surroundings to ensure a safe ride. Do not use your cell phone while using your electric scooter.
- Ensure the vehicle speed is safe to yourself and others, and be ready to stop at any time.
- Please keep a safe distance from other vehicles to avoid collisions. If you are in an accident, please contact 911 right away.
- Make sure your feet are always on your unit. Taking your feet off the electric scooter while riding may be dangerous.
- Relax your legs while riding, knees slightly bent. This helps maintain balance when you encounter uneven ground.
- And finally, when steering, pay attention to your body’s center of gravity. A sudden shift may cause you to fall.
Things to avoid:
Coming across these obstacles can sometimes be unavoidable. But we definitely recommend you try your best to avoid these items if you can:
- Avoid riding over obstacles and slippery or wet ground such as snow, ice, and wet surfaces.
- Avoid riding on items made of cloth, small branches, and stone.
- Avoid riding in narrow spaces or where there are obstacles.
- Avoid riding on steep slopes.
- And finally, avoid riding in dimly lit or dark places unless the light is on. Always drive slow and be cautious.
If you have any other questions or concerns, we are just one click away! You can also reach us through our online live chat. We hope you have a fun and safe ride!